Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Right now...

Procrastinating. That's what I'm doing right now. It was probably three hours ago that I spoke again with our insurance agent, and I have to get the list of contents in our former home done for them to settle with us.

Instead I have made four business calls, taken two calls about things that can be donated, unloaded a couple of boxes, sent out emails, discovered 2 dead tadpoles (now if we can just keep the frogs alive - they are a good distraction), went on facebook, searched the local animal shelters for Joseph, looked at a few extra animals if we have to replace him, and told every one I can our new address, which happens to be PO Box 3816 Ventura, CA 93006. I've had to look up our new phone number at least 3 times in the last hour, but here it is too. 805-263-6975. I do want to warn you, however, that this is a temporary phone as we will be needing to find more permanent housing in the next 8 weeks.

Ending my procrastinating with a note to those who read this blog.

Yesterday morning, we had no pots, pans, serving bowls, spoons, measuring cups, etc. Today we have a full set of pots and pans, a family griddle, 3 serving bowls, several cassarole (how do you spell that silly word:) bowls, some serving utensils, and my first Christmas item - a lovely crystal platter. We also received several other items that are making our sweet condo feel more and more homey.

The pace has not slowed at all since Gary and the three younger kids left for camp, but it is certainly more quiet. Though I would enjoy quiet a bit more...not so much.

So, now I should be off to finish this incredible list...but guess what? I found another reason to procrastinate (which, by the way, is not at all my nature)...one of my business callers phoned me back!

Off I go, but first, God bless to all of you! Please know how much you have touched our lives and encouraged us along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment